It is very common for people who do not practice good oral hygiene to suffer from oral diseases. Gum disease and tooth decay are the most common causes why a tooth is lost. There are ways to solve these problems, however, due to the limited technology in the past; dentures and bridges are the only dental treatments available to cover up missing teeth. But today, due to the advancement in dental technology, a new solution like dental implants is accessible for us to cover up missing teeth.
How do Dental Implants work?
Dental implants replace tooth’s root with metal post or frames that are positioned into the jawbone under the gum line. For other people, dentures and bridges aren’t even comfortable compared to implants. To be able to do this procedure, you need to have a healthy gum and enough bone to support the implant itself. You must also be able to keep your mouth healthy. Implants are hundred times better, more durable and look more natural compared to any other tooth replacements.
Here are some of the other advantages of dental implants:
- Helps you retain the shape of your face without getting any wrinkles or unwanted facial issues
- Improves chewing and gives you freedom to eat any food you like
- Very durable compared to dentures and bridges
- Reduces cavities and further oral damage
- Reduces the need to remove other teeth just to fit perfectly
- Helps preserve gums, bone structure and promotes jawbone improvement
- Improves speech at least 100% compared to any other teeth replacements
- Improves appearance and self-confidence
- Much more comfortable when worn
To know more about its advantages and other information like treatment cost or payment options, consider visiting your dentist. Not only your dentist can give you answers to your questions, but also, he can help you decide whether to push through this procedure and bring back your wonderful smile.