At Glendora Family Dentistry, Dr. Desai specializes in the leading dental inlay and onlay cosmetic treatment to help patients restore their smiles and confidence. This restorative treatment allows Dr. Desai to restore teeth that are decayed or have cavities. Inlays and onlays are tooth restorations that look and feel like natural teeth. With porcelain inlays and onlays, you can have a healthy white smile you can feel proud of.
An inlay is a restoration that sits inside the cusps or points of your molars. An onlay is inserted into the source of decay and over the surface of the tooth. Both options are a less invasive alternative to a crown. Dental inlays and onlays are typically placed in the back section of the teeth where decay is most prevalent. Both restorations are bonded directly to your tooth which helps keep your tooth stronger.
Advantages of Dental Inlays and Onlays
- Preserves the natural tooth structure
- Meticulously crafted for easy cleaning
- Restores tooth functionality
- Resistant to damage and infections
- Little to no discoloration
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Can last up to 30 years
- More durable than fillings
- Prevents future dental problems and costly procedures
What to Expect
Dr. Desai will meet with the patient during a comprehensive consultation before the procedure. During this appointment, he performs a thorough dental exam to pinpoint areas of concern. He will then determine if the dental inlay or onlay cosmetic procedure will properly address these issues. Viable candidates for this treatment suffer from tooth damage or decay.
Just as with a crown, it usually takes two visits to place an inlay or an onlay. During the first visit, Dr. Desai will prepare the tooth, take impressions and match the color of the tooth to the rest of the patient’s teeth. He will then place a temporary filling until our laboratory completes the inlay or onlay restoration. During the second visit, the porcelain inlay or onlay will be bonded into place. Patients will be able to enjoy a healthy, natural looking smile once they leave our office.
Why Choose Glendora Family Dentistry?
- Dr. Desai has been dedicated to serving patients in Glendora and the surrounding areas for over 15 years.
- Our friendly staff strives to ensure that each patient is met with a comfortable environment and has a seamless visit every time.
- Dr. Desai is an active member of the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, American General Dentistry andSan Gabriel Valley Dental Society.
- Our dental office has been continuously rated 5 stars by our patients.
- Dr. Desai is devoted to improving patients’ oral health with his specialized dental services.
- Dr. Desai uses advanced dental technology and the leading surgical techniques to perform all services.
- We offer our specialized dental services when you need them most with our emergency dental services.
If you are interested in our specialized dental inlays or onlays, contact our friendly staff at Glendora Family Dentistry for more information. Book your appointment today.