Mini dental implants are less than 2.5 mm in diameter, which is smaller in size compared to a regular dental implant. However, just because they are diminutive in size doesn’t mean the results cannot be as effective for patients who require implants.
Mini dental implants can be positioned quickly and since they require no incision or stitches they are ideal for certain cases. Additionally an existing denture can frequently be used further reducing time and cost. Dentures can also be secured by the mini dental implants the same day they are placed. A denture cannot usually be secured by regular dental implants for 4 to 6 months after they are placed.
Glendora Mini Dental Implants
Since no incision or dental surgery is required for mini dental implants, they make an ideal treatment option to high risk groups, including:
- Heart patients with a recent surgery
- People with a severe case of diabetes
- Patients who prefer the lower denture to be more firm
- Those with a limited budget for other options
- Those who are regular smokers
- Patients with blood clot problems
- Patients getting bisphosphonate treatments or medicines for osteoporosis